The Alberta Team

  • Marilyn & Charlie - Grand Prairie - Marilyn is the Team Leader
  • Arlene & Bill - Grande Prairie - Swan River R.C.
  • Sheila - Whitecourt R.C.
  • Gwen - Whitecourt R.C.
  • Arlaine - Spruce Grove R.C.
  • Ted - Camrose R.C. (me)

2008/01/17

January 14, 2008

We had Tuesday Morning off. It was nice to sleep in and finally get a good nights sleep. I worked on my photos, and showed Lailia, and the kids (my host family) some photos of my wife Louise, and the kids. It was fun, but sort of like sherades - as neither of us speaks the others language. Lots of fun though.

We went to the Rotary club of Compartilha, and met president Roberto Baldo Cunha. It was a very friendly club. We were instantly welcomed. The food was wonderful.

Paulo and his wife Marly



Marilyn gave a presentation about Canada, and then we exchanged banners.

Here I am exchanging a banner of the Camrose Club with president Cunha.

Arlaine speaking, Adenilson at the table.

Most of the team went with Carol after the meeting to tour her school for autistic children. The tour was impromptu, and somehow neither I or Ade new about it, so he and Carol drove me home after the meeting. I understand that it was very interesting. Carol promises to take me on a similar tour next week.

Paulo took me on a tour of Aracaju. Very interesting - history, architecture and polatics.
The new bridge, that opened last year, is a work of art. Aracaju is a very interesting and beautiful city....

No comments: