The Alberta Team

  • Marilyn & Charlie - Grand Prairie - Marilyn is the Team Leader
  • Arlene & Bill - Grande Prairie - Swan River R.C.
  • Sheila - Whitecourt R.C.
  • Gwen - Whitecourt R.C.
  • Arlaine - Spruce Grove R.C.
  • Ted - Camrose R.C. (me)

2008/01/10

Time to Go!



Oi
Very hard to believe how quickly today arrived. It was -23 when I got up this morning at our house. Louise and Spencer gave me a ride to work this morning, and then friend Neal drove me to the airport at noon. It was a bit hard to keep focused at work.....


Several people had asked me how I would know the group when I got to the airport. Well – I didn't recognize anyone from their photo's, but it was still easy to spot the group. They were the ones talking the loudest and obviously enjoying the wait. Everyone was instantly telling stories, and talking like old friends.

The Aircraft was delayed inbound, so we were almost an hour late taking off. That made for the marathon chase to the international termial in Toronto. We landed about 10 minutes after we were supposed to be at the gate – so we were about ½ hour late when we got there. I don't know how many Kilometers it is -but it's quite a hike. Bill and I were quite concerned because we had planned on supper in toronto.

When we got to the gate, there was a huge lineup, so a few of us went to Tim's for Donuts, Muffins and Coffee/Tea. Turned out they served a hot meal on the plan anyway. The plane left on time - About 8:00 our time, or 10:00 Toronto Time, or 1:00am Sao Paulo time... It's a 10 hour flight, so I hope to get some sleep. We'll see.

Adeus!

No comments: