The Alberta Team

  • Marilyn & Charlie - Grand Prairie - Marilyn is the Team Leader
  • Arlene & Bill - Grande Prairie - Swan River R.C.
  • Sheila - Whitecourt R.C.
  • Gwen - Whitecourt R.C.
  • Arlaine - Spruce Grove R.C.
  • Ted - Camrose R.C. (me)

2008/01/20

January 20

Another Great Day. I started out the day with a swim in the pool at the hotel.
We ate a delicious breakfast, and then for a boat ride on the fransisco river reservoir. The reservoir is created by the Hydro dam that we toured yesterday.
Carla and Adenilson


Apparently I don´t look like many Brazilians. It seemed every where I went on the boat, people stopped to try to talk to me. It was really fun. The boy to my right is from Brazil, and is finishing high school. He want to travel to Canada or the US for six months with a friend to perfect his english, before entering law school. He was asking me if Canadian girls are friendly. I assured him that two young brazilian men would have no trouble meeting girls in Canada. His mother is to my left, and his younger brother is in front of Adenilson.Caroline enjoyed her swim. We stopped in a section of the reservoir where the canyon narrows. Almost everyone on the boat got out to go for a swim. The water was very clear, and the rocks to straight up (or even overhang) from the waters edge for 50meters or more.

Here we are heading down the river into an area where the Canyon narrows.
We stopped for a break on the way home and watched the sunset!


No comments: